Restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch from a backup
- Turn on your device.
- Follow the onscreen setup steps until you reach the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
- Choose a backup.
- When asked, sign in with your Apple ID to restore your apps and purchases.
- 1 How do I restore iPhone from a specific backup?
- 2 Can I restore my iPhone from iCloud after setting it up as a new phone?
- 3 Can I restore from backup?
- 4 Why can’t I restore my iPhone from backup?
- 5 How do I restore my iPhone without deleting from iCloud?
- 6 How do I access old iCloud backups?
- 7 Can you restore iCloud backup later?
- 8 How do I transfer everything from my old iPhone to my new iPhone?
- 9 Can you restore iCloud Data later?
- 10 How do I restore my iPhone?
- 11 How can I restore my iPhone without a computer?
- 12 How do I put iPhone in restore mode?
- 13 How can I restore my iPhone without iTunes?
- 14 What happens when you restore backup your iPhone?
How do I restore iPhone from a specific backup?
- Open iTunes on your PC.
- Connect your device using a USB cable.
- If you see a message asking for your device passcode or Trust This Computer, follow the onscreen steps.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in the Finder window.
- Choose Restore Backup.
- Select the most recent backup.
- Click Restore.
Can I restore my iPhone from iCloud after setting it up as a new phone?
Just launch Settings on your old iPhone and tap on your Apple ID profile listing at the top, then go to iCloud > iCloud Backup and select Back up now. When setting up your new iPhone, you can restore your iPhone from this backup once you’ve logged into your new device with your Apple ID.
Can I restore from backup?
You can restore your backed up information to the original phone or to some other Android phones. You can’t use back up when you set up a personal device with a work profile or for work only, or when you set up a company-owned device. Restoring data varies by phone and Android version.
Why can’t I restore my iPhone from backup?
If your iOS or iPadOS device can’t restore from a backup because the backup is corrupt or incompatible, make sure that your computer is updated. If you still can’t restore the backup, you might not be able to use that backup. Try to use an alternate backup or an iCloud backup, or Contact Apple Support for more help.
How do I restore my iPhone without deleting from iCloud?
Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings. On the Apps & Data screen, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, then sign in with your Apple ID. Tap on “Choose backup”, then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.
How do I access old iCloud backups?
On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch: Using iOS 11 or later and iPadOS, go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage > Backups. Locate and manage backups stored in iCloud
- Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences.
- Click Apple ID.
- Click iCloud.
- Click Manage.
- Select Backups.
Can you restore iCloud backup later?
You can restore your iPhone from a backup by giving your phone a factory reset, and then logging back into your Apple ID account. Before you restore your iPhone, you’ll need to make sure that you have a current backup of all your phone’s data — you can create one in your iPhone’s Apple ID menu.
How do I transfer everything from my old iPhone to my new iPhone?
Select your most recent backup. If your backup is encrypted, enter your password. Keep your iPhone connected to iTunes and Wi-Fi until the transfer finishes. Complete the rest of the setup steps on your iPhone.
Can you restore iCloud Data later?
Turn on your iPhone. You will see a Hello screen if your device is new or has been erased. Then, go through the onscreen setup steps until you get to the Apps and Data screen. There, tap Restore from iCloud Backup, and sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID.
How do I restore my iPhone?
See Back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- In the iTunes app on your PC, click the Device button near the top left of the iTunes window.
- Click Summary.
- Click Restore, then follow the onscreen instructions.
How can I restore my iPhone without a computer?
And here are detailed steps.
- Open “Settings” on your device > Tap on “General” > Scroll down the screen and choose “Reset”.
- Reach to the Apps & Data screen > Tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Choose Recover from iCloud mode > Click Right Arrow on the bottom right corner to continue.
How do I put iPhone in restore mode?
How to Put the iPhone 7 or 7 Plus Into Recovery Mode
- Connect your iPhone to a computer.
- Press and hold the Side button and Volume Down button at the same time.
- Keep holding the buttons, even once you see the Apple logo.
- Release both buttons when you see the Recovery Mode screen.
How can I restore my iPhone without iTunes?
Follow these steps to fix your iPhone without iTunes.
- Download iOS System Recovery to PC/Mac. Click the download button below to get iOS System Recovery on your PC or Mac.
- Connect iPhone to Computer.
- Enter Recovery Mode/DFU Mode.
- Enter Information of Your iPhone.
- Restore iPhone Without iTunes.
What happens when you restore backup your iPhone?
4 Answers. Restore Backup restores the contents of an iPhone backup performed sometime in the past. It restores content and stored data such as app settings, home-screen layouts, etc. Saved account login information is restored if the backup was encrypted.