- 1 How do I play a video from a URL?
- 2 Can I play youtube video in VideoView Android?
- 3 How do I change video view in Android?
- 4 How do I play ExoPlayer videos on Android?
- 5 How can I download any video from any website in Android?
- 6 How do you embed a YouTube video on Android?
- 7 How do I fix a video not playing on my Android?
- 8 How do I play videos from internal storage on Android?
- 9 How do I stretch a video to fit the screen on android?
- 10 What is an anchor view?
- 11 How do I use ExoPlayer on android?
How do I play a video from a URL?
Step By Step Implementation
- Step 1: Create a new project.
- Step 2: Add the Internet Permission.
- Step 3: Working with the activity_main.xml.
- Step 4: Working with the MainActivity.java.
Can I play youtube video in VideoView Android?
Although Android VideoView cannot be used to play videos in assets folder, if you wish to do that you can use the Android MediaPlayer class.
How do I change video view in Android?
Step 2: Open res -> layout -> xml (or) main. xml and add following code: In this step we open an xml file and add the code to display a VideoView in our activity. In this step we open MainActivity and add the code to initiate the video view and create an object of MediaController to control the video playback.
How do I play ExoPlayer videos on Android?
Step by Step Implementation of ExoPlayer in Android
- Step 1: Create a New Project.
- Step 2: Add dependency to the build.gradle(Module:app)
- Step 3: Add internet permission in your Manifest file.
- Step 4: Working with the activity_main.xml.
How can I download any video from any website in Android?
Download and install Video Downloader (or any similar video downloading app) from Play Store. Please open it and paste the video link in the URL bar. Once the site loads, play the video for it to detect video resources on the page. Then, tap the Download button and save the video to your phone.
How do you embed a YouTube video on Android?
How To Embed YouTube video in android app
- STEP 1: Enable YouTube Data API: Go to Google API Console Create new Project or choose existing.
- STEP 2: Create API Key: Go to the Credentials section and select Create Credentials -> API Key.
- STEP 3: Adding YouTube Android Player API Library.
- STEP 4: Create Activity.
How do I fix a video not playing on my Android?
How to Fix Videos Not Playing On Android phone
- Restart/Reboot your device.
- Clear cache on your Android phone.
- Uninstall insecure apps on your mobile.
- Install VLC player/MX Player on the mobile phone.
- Update your Android OS.
- Uninstall Dubious Software.
- Get Stellar Repair for Video.
- Reset your app preferences.
How do I play videos from internal storage on Android?
Create Video play Activity
- In the VideoPlayActivity. java file, we have used the VideoView class to play the video file.
- Add color in the colors. xml file.
- Add theme in the styles. xml file.
- Add storage permission code and VideoPlayActivity in the AndroidManifest. xml file.
How do I stretch a video to fit the screen on android?
How to resize, crop & stretch a video in Android?
- Open settings video playback screen (full screen view).
- Select Resize option.
- Auto – this is the default size of the video.
- Crop – this will crop the center of the video and zoom in.
- Stretch – this will stretch the video to full screen.
What is an anchor view?
In relative layout or in any view group, if we use so many attributes to position our view like: android:layout_alignTop, android:layout_alignBottom etc. In those attributes, we provide a view’s id to align our view. Like: android_layout_alignBottom=”@+id/add_btn” So, this given view is called as Anchor View.
How do I use ExoPlayer on android?
How to use ExoPlayer in Activity/Fragment?
- Add dependency of ExoPlayer in your application.
- Add ExoPlayer in your layout file.
- In your Java/Kotlin file make a function to initialize the player.
- Finally, you need to make a function to release the player.