- 1 What is Ho Chi Minh City best known for?
- 2 Is it worth going to Ho Chi Minh City?
- 3 What is there to do in Ho Chi Minh City in the day?
- 4 Is Ho Chi Minh safe for tourists?
- 5 Where should you travel?
- 6 What should I avoid in Vietnam?
- 7 Which is better Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh?
- 8 Is it OK to say Saigon?
- 9 How do I spend a day in Saigon?
- 10 What is special about Saigon?
- 11 What is there to do in Saigon alone?
- 12 What do tourists wear in Vietnam?
- 13 What are some problems that tourists may have in Ho Chi Minh City?
- 14 Can you walk around Ho Chi Minh City?
What is Ho Chi Minh City best known for?
13 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Ho Chi Minh City
- Cu Chi Tunnels. Cu Chi Tunnels.
- War Remnants Museum.
- Mekong Delta.
- Golden Dragon Water Puppet Theatre.
- Thiên Hau Temple, Chinatown.
- Notre Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon and the Post Office.
- Saigon Opera House.
- Reunification Palace.
Is it worth going to Ho Chi Minh City?
Absolutely it’s worth to see Ho Chi Minh city – one of the biggest and craziest cities in Vietnam beside Hanoi if you want to compare. Things to do: City Tour, Cu Chi tunnel, and Mekong Delta.
What is there to do in Ho Chi Minh City in the day?
Things to do during a Ho Chi Minh itinerary
- Jade Emperor Pagoda.
- Ban Co Market.
- Tour the street food.
- Photograph the cafe apartment building.
- The War Remnants Museum.
- Take a trip to the Mekong Delta.
- The Reunification Palace.
- Get a roof terrace view.
Is Ho Chi Minh safe for tourists?
Ho Chi Minh is generally a safe city, as safe as other similar cities throughout the world. Violent crime is rare, but lately, robberies, assaults, and harassments started occurring, often involving weapons.
Where should you travel?
World’s Best Places to Visit
- South Island, New Zealand.
- Bora Bora.
What should I avoid in Vietnam?
11 Things You Shouldn’t Eat or Drink in Vietnam
- Tap water. Might as well start with the obvious one.
- Strange meat. We don’t mean street meat, as street food in Vietnam is amazing.
- Roadside coffee.
- Uncooked vegetables.
- Raw blood pudding.
- Cold soups.
- Dog meat.
Which is better Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh?
Conclusion. While Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City are popular holiday destinations in Vietnam, it’s clear that each city caters to different types of traveller. Hanoi is ideal for those looking to experience a more traditional lifestyle while Ho Chi Minh City’s urban landscape is best suited for luxury travellers.
Is it OK to say Saigon?
Officially, the southern metropolis’s name is Ho Chi Minh City, and has been for many years, but there are still a number of locals and visitors alike that call it Saigon. However, nowadays, the two names are not used to make any kind of political statement; they are simply alternate ways of referring to the city.
How do I spend a day in Saigon?
8 things you can do in one day in Ho Chi Minh City
- Eat Soup for Breakfast. Vietnamese people love their noodle soup dishes.
- Visit Ben Thanh Market.
- Marvel at the Architecture.
- Sip Some Coffee.
- Get a Massage and Hair Wash.
- Go on a Motorbike Tour.
- See the Backpackers’ Area.
- Take in a View of Saigon.
What is special about Saigon?
Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) is the business and financial hub of Vietnam, with a prominent history going back hundreds of years. Today, Ho Chi Minh City is a popular tourist destination due to its fascinating culture, classic French architecture, and sleek skyscrapers as well as ornate temples and pagodas.
What is there to do in Saigon alone?
List of Things to do in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon)
- Ben Thanh Market ( super popular place) Ben Thanh Market is the most popular market in Saigon.
- Local Market: Cho Vuon Chuoi.
- Museum of Traditional Vietnamese Medicine.
- Food, Vietnamese food.
- Refreshing dip at a swimming pool.
- Touch the sky.
- Locals watching.
What do tourists wear in Vietnam?
To respect this, and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend wearing modest clothing. This means clothes that cover your shoulders and knees, particularly in pagodas and religious sites. In many rural areas, women will need to wear modest clothes, even while swimming.
What are some problems that tourists may have in Ho Chi Minh City?
Common scams and crimes in Saigon: Bag and phone snatching: Travellers frequently fall victim to bag and phone snatchers on motorbikes when crossing the road. This is the most serious and most common problem to befall travellers.
Can you walk around Ho Chi Minh City?
Watch your step. But if you don’t mind overcoming what can sometimes feel like an urban obstacle course, walking around Saigon is probably the most rewarding, most immersive means of travel.