- 1 How do I show related posts by category in WordPress?
- 2 How do I show recent posts from a specific category in WordPress?
- 3 Can I link to a category in WordPress?
- 4 What are related posts WordPress?
- 5 How do I add related posts without plugins in WordPress?
- 6 How do I show related blog posts?
- 7 How do I get all the categories of a custom post type in WordPress?
- 8 How do I find a specific post on WordPress?
- 9 How do I add a category link in WordPress?
- 10 How do I link to another post in WordPress?
- 11 What is related post?
- 12 How do I add related posts in Elementor?
- 13 How do I show related posts with thumbnails in WordPress?
You can find it in the Themename Options > Blog section. For this article, we used the Behold theme, where the option for showing related posts is called Enable Related Posts. After enabling the appropriate option, you should check for the appearance of the related posts section by examining one of your blog posts.
How do I show recent posts from a specific category in WordPress?
Using a plugin is the simplest method of displaying recent posts from specific categories. Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Plugins > Add New. Type recent posts widget extended in the search field. In the search results, find Recent Posts Widget Extended and click Install Now.
The accurate answer to your question is “ you can’t link a Page to a Category ”. Pages http://en.support.wordpress.com/pages/ that we bloggers create are stataic. they do not automatically update with new content.. Only dynamic pages automatically created by the software when we publish a post ie.
The Related Posts feature pulls relevant content from your blog to display at the bottom of your posts. It uses your post content, tags, and categories to automatically generate a list of relevant posts on your site.
In order to enable it, add this code to your functions. php file in your theme folder (in most cases, it’s already there). add_theme_support( ‘post-thumbnails’ ); set_post_thumbnail_size ( 100, 50, true );
To activate the Related Posts module, select Jetpack > Settings from your WordPress menu. Then select the Traffic tab and scroll down to Related Posts. Activate the button next to Show related content after posts to turn the related posts feature on.
How do I get all the categories of a custom post type in WordPress?
To get a list of all the categories in WordPress it’s quite simple all you have to do is using the function wp_list_categories().
How do I find a specific post on WordPress?
If you’re looking for a specific WordPress post ID, there are five ways that you can locate it:
- Find the ID within each post’s URL.
- Use custom code to display post IDs in the Posts tab.
- Use a plugin to display post IDs in WordPress.
- Find post IDs within the WordPress database.
- Use functions to fetch WordPress post IDs.
Adding Category and Subcategory in WordPress Post URLs First, you need to visit Settings » Permalinks page in your WrodPress admin. There you need to click on the ‘custom structure’ option under common settings area. Next, you need to add /%category%/%postname%/ in the field next to custom structure.
Open up the post that you want to edit, or create a new one. Find the text you want to use as the link’s anchor and highlight it. Then, click the ‘Link’ button which should appear in the first row of toolbar buttons. You can then copy and paste the URL you want to link to, or search for it, as in the block editor.
The Related Posts feature scans all of your post content, analyzes it, and uses the results to display additional posts your visitors might be interested in reading after they’re finished with the current post. Note: This page describes how to use Related Posts when using the Block Editor.
How to Add Related Posts in Elementor
- Create or Edit your Single Post Template.
- From the Widgets Panel drag a Posts Widget to the desired location.
- In the Source drop down options select Related.
- Include By – Term.
- Terms – Choose by Categories, Tags, Type, or Format.
- Set the Exclude Terms if needed.
Activate the plugin through the ‘ Plugins ‘ menu in WordPress. Customize plugin settings at menu Related Posts. Find it at the left bottom of the side menu in wp-admin.