1 : extending up to the present time : including the latest information up-to-date maps. 2 : abreast of the times : modern up-to-date methods.
- 1 Is it correct to say up to date?
- 2 Which is correct up to date or up to date?
- 3 How do you use up to date?
- 4 Is up to date up to date?
- 5 How do I tell my calendar is up to date?
- 6 What is keep up to date?
- 7 Is up to date informal?
- 8 How do you write up to date in a sentence?
- 9 What is UpToDate used for?
- 10 How do you say stay up-to-date?
Is it correct to say up to date?
If you are up-to-date about something, you have the latest information about it. We’ll keep you up to date with any news.
Which is correct up to date or up to date?
When it comes after the noun, the compound adjective usually doesn’t get a hyphen. So, we say an easy-to-remember number, but the number is easy to remember. Same goes for up to date —if it’s before a noun it needs a hyphen. A document is up to date but it’s an up-to-date document.
How do you use up to date?
Up-to-date is an adjective phrase that is used as a synonym for current. Something that is up-to-date contains the most recent information available. See the sentences below for examples, The new edition of Kate’s book has the most up-to-date information available on the science of horse nutrition.
Is up to date up to date?
Is it up to date or up-to-date? Hyphenate as a compound modifier before a noun: We bring you the most up-to-date news. Otherwise, no hyphen: Stay up to date with Stylebook Online. My calendar is up to date.
How do I tell my calendar is up to date?
The e-mail is saying, I have updated my calendar, so it’s up to date = correct. That everything that he has planned is marked in the calendar and the calendar has the latest information scheduled. An example: My calendar is NOT up to date! I made an appointment with my dentist.
What is keep up to date?
Definition. Idiom: keep up to date. to continue giving or adding the most relevant information. to stay informed about the most recent trends or developments.
Is up to date informal?
1. modern, fashionable, trendy (Brit. informal ), in, newest, now (informal), happening (informal), current, with it (informal), stylish, in vogue, all the rage, up-to-the-minute, having your finger on the pulse This production is bang up-to-date.
How do you write up to date in a sentence?
Examples of ‘up to date’ in a sentence up to date
- In the meantime you can get up to date on last night’s report.
- Using the safe house he met with Pamela again, instructing her to bring Abramov up to date with recent developments.
What is UpToDate used for?
UpToDate is a subscription- based resource designed to provide physicians access to current clinical information. It addresses specific clinical issues in the form of topic reviews.
How do you say stay up-to-date?
- au courant.
- au fait.