- 1 How do you use OBS step by step?
- 2 Is OBS good for beginners?
- 3 How do I record with OBS?
- 4 What can we do with OBS?
- 5 How do I record my screen?
- 6 How do I use OBS with YouTube?
- 7 What do you need to run OBS?
- 8 How do I share my screen with OBS?
- 9 Is OBS good for recording?
- 10 Can OBS be used for video conferencing?
- 11 Why do we use OBS?
- 12 What platforms does OBS stream to?
How do you use OBS step by step?
Just follow these 4 steps to start streaming or recording!
- Run the auto-configuration wizard. When you load OBS Studio for the first time you should see the Auto-Configuration Wizard.
- Set up your audio devices.
- Add your sources for video.
- Test your stream and record settings.
Is OBS good for beginners?
The first time you open OBS Studio can be overwhelming, especially if you are a beginner on streaming software. Don’t worry, this beginner OBS Studio tutorial covers everything you need to know to get started. OBS Studio is open-source software, meaning it is entirely free to use.
How do I record with OBS?
Launch OBS and scroll down to the “Sources” box. Click the tiny plus button to access the options panel and select “ Screen Capture.” The name of the feature is the main distinction between Linux and other OS. Click “OK” when prompted by pop-ups. In case you have more than one display, pick one for recording.
What can we do with OBS?
It is completely free and open-source, and it has lots of useful features to help you produce professional live streams. OBS Studio also allows you to record your video, connect to any live streaming or video conferencing platform, and use any digital camera for live streaming.
How do I record my screen?
Record your phone screen
- Swipe down twice from the top of your screen.
- Tap Screen record. You might need to swipe right to find it.
- Choose what you want to record and tap Start. The recording begins after the countdown.
- To stop recording, swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the Screen recorder notification.
How do I use OBS with YouTube?
Add YouTube’s Stream Key to OBS Studio Go to Settings > Stream. Make sure that you’ve selected YouTube as a Service and paste the stream key below. Leave the Server on default and click Apply before exiting. Just like that, OBS Studio is linked with YouTube!
What do you need to run OBS?
OBS has the following system requirements:
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- AMD FX series or Intel i5 2000-series processor (dual or 4-core preferable) or higher DirectX 10 capable graphics card.
- At least 4 GB of RAM (recommended, but not necessary)
Once you have the window on the appropriate desktop, right-click, select the Fullscreen option, then select the appropriate monitor. Back inside of Microsoft Teams, you can now screen share and select the OBS projector window as the window that you would like to share. That’s all there is to it.
Is OBS good for recording?
Yes, OBS is said to be the best overall free software in terms of flexibility and power. It is open source and can be used to record computer screens without too much learning. Some people may think it is a little hard to set up, but it’s really a good screen recorder, especially for gamers.
Can OBS be used for video conferencing?
With OBS Studio, you can use any digital camera to make video calls and start streaming with just a computer, a camera, and a video capture device. What’s more, OBS Studio can help connect any digital camera with a video output to your video conferencing platform of choice.
Why do we use OBS?
OBS allows broadcasters to create scenes with more than one input on the same screen. This allows you to create professional picture-in-picture broadcasts and bring in multiple guests/videos via multiple video sources.
What platforms does OBS stream to?
All you need is to connect OBS with your Restream account and you’ll be able to broadcast to as many platforms as you want, including Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Trovo, and many more!