- 1 How do I fix DirectX features not available?
- 2 Why are my DirectX features not available?
- 3 How do I enable DirectX features?
- 4 How do I enable Direct3D acceleration?
- 5 Is Direct3D the same as DirectX?
- 6 How do I enable DX12 ultimate?
- 7 What is D3D driver?
- 8 How do I upgrade my DirectX?
- 9 How do I enable DirectX 11 features?
- 10 How do I check my DirectX feature level?
- 11 Can my graphics card run DirectX 11?
- 12 How do I fix hardware acceleration?
- 13 How do I fix my 3D direct?
- 14 What is Direct3D hardware acceleration?
How do I fix DirectX features not available?
How to fix Direct3D Acceleration not available
- Solution 1: Verify your Direct3D is enabled and DirectX version is up to date.
- Solution 2: Update your graphics card driver.
- Solution 3: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributables.
Why are my DirectX features not available?
This issue may occur for any one of the following reasons: Your computer does not meet the minimum 3D hardware requirements to run the game. Your video adapter does not have sufficient video memory to run the game. DirectDraw Acceleration is disabled.
How do I enable DirectX features?
Ensure that DirectX is enabled for DirectDraw and Direct3D by performing the following steps:
- Start the DirectX configuration utility by going to Start, Run, then typing dxdiag.exe.
- Select the Display tab.
- Ensure that both DirectDraw Acceleration and Direct3D Acceleration are Enabled; if they aren’t, click Enable.
How do I enable Direct3D acceleration?
How to Enable Direct3D Acceleration
- Open the “Start” menu and type “dxdiag” into the Windows Live search box, then press “Enter.” This will bring up the “DirectX Diagnostics” dialog box.
- Click the “Display” tab.
- Locate the “Direct3D Acceleration” entry.
- Click the “Enable” option next to the Direct3D entry.
Is Direct3D the same as DirectX?
First, a bit of clarification: Direct3D is a subset of DirectX. DirectX contains Direct3D which is the primary graphics handling portion of DirectX. A game developer, or any graphics rendering programmer, can choose whether to call into use the DirectX (Direct3D) or OpenGL APIs.
How do I enable DX12 ultimate?
You can enable DX12 for selected Windows 7 games by making sure your NVIDIA or AMD GPU has the most up-to-date driver. Some users might also need to update GPU drivers to enable DX12 Ultimate in Windows 10. To ensure your graphics card driver is up-to-date, run a driver updater utility software.
What is D3D driver?
The Microsoft Direct3D device driver interface (DDI) is a graphics interface that allows vendors to provide hardware acceleration for Direct3D. The interface is flexible, allowing vendors to provide Direct3D acceleration according to hardware capabilities.
How do I upgrade my DirectX?
Here’s how to update DirectX:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and type check. Then click Check for updates.
- Click Check for updates.
- Follow the on-screen instructions so that Windows Update will automatically download & install the latest DirectX for you (included in the updates).
How do I enable DirectX 11 features?
Log into the game to character select and open the Options menu. Click “Graphics” on the right. Click the drop-down next to “Graphics Hardware Level” and choose either DirectX 9, 10 or 11 mode. (Click “Accept” and restart the game to have it apply the change.)
How do I check my DirectX feature level?
How do you check the DirectX version and Feature Level in your computer?
- On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, to start the Run box.
- Type dxdiag and click OK.
- You can see the DirectX Version under the System tab.
- You can check the feature levels by clicking Display.
Can my graphics card run DirectX 11?
You will need a Graphics card that supports DX11. – If you do not see “11” or above in the “DDI Version or “Feature Levels” line, your graphic card does not support DX11 and you will be unable to play.
How do I fix hardware acceleration?
On Windows 7
- Click the Start button, then Control Panel.
- Click Display.
- Click Change display settings.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Click the Troubleshoot tab, and the Change settings button.
- You can move the slider to enable/disable/adjust hardware acceleration on your PC.
How do I fix my 3D direct?
What can I do if I can’t initialize Direct3D on Windows 10?
- Update drivers automatically.
- Run the inbuilt Hardware & Device troubleshooter.
- Update your graphics card driver.
- Check for display driver updates in Optional Updates.
- Uninstall and reinstall the display driver.
- Install an older driver.
- Change the game’s resolution.
What is Direct3D hardware acceleration?
Direct3D is a graphics application programming interface (API) for Microsoft Windows. Direct3D uses hardware acceleration if it is available on the graphics card, allowing for hardware acceleration of the entire 3D rendering pipeline or even only partial acceleration.